- Bannon v Kushner power struggle makes Fridays interesting at W.H. – “A well-placed D.C. source says it’s no coincidence that President Trump’s anti-Muslim “travel ban” broke last Friday after senior presidential adviser Jared Kushner, an observant Jew, had checked out for the day. The situation is described by our spy as “a power struggle between two senior advisers” Kushner and former Breitbart chief, Steve Bannon.
“Everyone is working 24/7, but Jared, because of his religious views, not only can’t be in the White House, but can’t be on his phone, can’t drive his car, can’t listen to the radio — he can’t be reached,” says our whistleblower. Observant Jews are prohibited from working between sunset Friday and sunset Saturday.”
- For Germany, Trump Poses a Problem With No Clear Solution – “We still don’t really have a clue who we are in the world and who we want to be,” said Jana Puglierin of the German Council on Foreign Relations. That makes it difficult to face increasingly urgent questions, she said, over “what role we should play, who Germany is, how dominant do we want to be.”
- A Very Brief History of the Battle Between Fast-Food Workers and Police —
- The true story of Nintendo’s most coveted game — “How did a boring Nintendo game from 1987 become the most coveted cartridge ever? It’s a bit of a mystery.”
- A Woman Just Stood Up To Trump’s Latest Outburst On Twitter – And America Is Cheering Her On — “With every fibre of my being I am disgusted by you. And you know what the real secret is? You’re disgusted by you too. That’s why you surround yourself with gold and beautiful women to objectify. You know you’re a loser so you try to make yourself feel successful, authoritative with things & money. You are an imposter. You are a fraud.”