Archiv für den 14. März 2017
- I Work in the Restaurant Industry. Obamacare Saved My Family’s Life. – Eater – "Thanks to Obamacare, which meant my preexisting conditions were no longer allowed to be held against me, I was able to afford coverage that got me tests, scans, biopsies — the whole fun-time package I had missed so much. There were plenty of things to be scared of, but that fear of being left out in the cold to die so insurers could please their investors was finally gone."
- Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump – Vox – “I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this, he would not take health insurance away knowing it would affect so many peoples lives,” says Debbie Mills, an Obamacare enrollee who supported Trump. “I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot pay for insurance?”
- A Plan Set Up To Fail – Paul Krugman: "It’s an amazing spectacle. Obviously, Republicans backed themselves into a corner: after all those years denouncing Obamacare, they felt they had to do something, but in fact had no good ideas about what to offer as a replacement. So they went with really bad ideas instead."
- Trumpocracy: Tracking the Creeping Authoritarianism of the 45th President – "Week 7: Trump pushes an explosive conspiracy theory without any evidence."
- David Letterman on Donald Trump and Late-Night TV Today –
- Statement on the Arrest of Former Intercept Reporter Juan Thompson –