Bookmarks on März 1st, 2017
- New York Expects Fewer Foreign Tourists, Saying Trump Is to Blame – The New York Times – "On Tuesday, the city’s tourism marketing agency, NYC & Company, plans to announce that its forecast for international visitors has turned from positive to negative since Mr. Trump was elected in November. The city now expects to draw 300,000 fewer foreigners this year than in 2016, when 12.7 million international visitors came, a decline that will cost businesses in the city that cater to tourists at least $600 million in sales, the agency estimates."
- Trump suggests Jewish community is spreading anti-Semitic threats – How low can you go? Trump uses someone's tweet for this bullshit.
- Mischaracterizations, Misrepresentations and Lies – Steven Ratter on Donald Trump
- Fox News Distances Itself From Controversial Swedish Guest – The New York Times –
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War – The New Yorker –
- Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit | The Guardian – "Robert Mercer, who bankrolled Donald Trump, played key role with ‘sinister’ advice on using Facebook data"
- Sean Spicer targets own staff in leak crackdown – POLITICO – "For Trump, a cable TV addict who has long obsessively tracked news coverage about himself, the ongoing turmoil in the White House communications wing threatens to derail the media narrative that will help to define the opening days of his presidency. His decision to hold a free-flowing news conference last week, two senior officials said, stemmed from a recognition that he was no longer breaking through in a news cycle that had turned against him."